Thursday, February 02, 2006

State of the blog

Greetings! My apologies for the lack of activity at this blog--I do hope to get things going again, and soon. What's been happening is that Music You (Possibly) Won't Hear Anyplace Else has been taking all of my blogging time, AND things have been unusually hectic hereabouts. Time is hard to find. Newsweek, too. Chortle, guffaw.

Sorry.

Anyway, I'll do my best to restart this site. Meanwhile, my thanks to, um, Anonymous for pointing out that Jesse Crawford accomplished A Precious Little Thing Called Love by his lonesome--I was afraid that might be the case, but I couldn't find specific disc. data for the track. My ears told me the xylophone and piano were the real thing(s), hence I referred to the other two musicians. (As it turns out, Jesse 2 and Jesse 3.) A calculated risk. Not knowing enough about theatre organs, I didn't know that these instruments often (or as a rule?) had xylophones and pianos literally built into them! Not synthesized, of course, but the genuine, actual sounds.

There. I think I covered my be-hind pretty well. (Oops. I didn't mean to type that out loud!)

Seriously, I appreciate corrections. It's like free knowledge for me--an unbeatable deal.

And I have got to get this blog going again....

Lee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lee, thanks for finding time for the vintage lounge blog, please take your time, i know it would take a while to log all my clutter as well, thats why when i ever i come across
a long time not played record, i just play it, good for the ears to hear good music again! Welcome Back
Ye Ol' Vinyl Miner.
Byron in Los Angeles

8:55 PM  
Blogger Lee Hartsfeld said...

Byron and Savoadaki,

Thanks for the words of support! They're appreciated. As I type this, some VL files are (almost) ready to go.


Lee

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new ol' wax Lee !
on green vinyl even !
You're selections are always a surprise, You have got to have the most visited blog. I always stop, read, listen, learn and enjoy !

Byron, Los Angeles

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home